Not a question but a solution that I wanted to share. I generally run latest version of Fedora (18) on my Linux systems. Yep kind of a bleeding edge person. So, this is for people running stash on linux with systemctl being used rather than init.d. You can very easily setup a service file to run stash, here is how I did it.
My environment is:
Fedora 18 Linux
Stash v2.2.0
jdk 1.7.0-17
Create a stash.service file in /usr/lib/systemd/system/ directory that looks like this (adjust ExecStart and ExecStop with your stash install directory):
[Unit]
Description=Atlassian Stash Service
After=syslog.target network.target
[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/opt/atlassian-stash-2.2.0/bin/start-stash.sh
ExecStop=/opt/atlassian-stash-2.2.0/bin/start-stash.sh
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Then enable the service to start at boot with:
systemctl enable stash.service
Or disable it with
systemctl disable stash.service
Or see if it is set to start at boot with:
if [ -f /etc/systemd/system/*.wants/stash.service ]; then echo "On"; else echo "Off";fi
You now can restart the system and it should start stash as part of the booting process.
To manually start and stop the service you can run:
systemctl start stash
systemctl stop stash
To see the state of stash run:
systemctl status stash
It took me awhile to get use to systemctl over init.d but I do like it now. You can use the old init.d scripts as discribed in stash documentation but I couldn't get it working and just decided to commit to getting it into the systemctl environment