ran service.bat as instructed in step 8 of the upgrade Confluence procedures, and nothing happened, the Confluence service was not created, and I cannot start Confluence.
Where do I go from here?
Hello there!
Hey Jonathan, are there any errors in the CMD when you try to run the *.BAT?
We can also take a look at the folder <confluence-home> and look a the confluence-atlassian.log file. This file might give you some insight on the problem.
Further, I would start by checking the Permissions for <confluence-home> and <confluence-install> folders. The user trying to run Confluence must have full Read, Write and Execute permissions on these folders.
Let me ask you a few questions:
Which version of Windows are you running? Which version of Confluence were you running prior to the upgrade attempt? Which version of Confluence did you try to upgrade to?
Hope this helps you!
Reference:
Upgrading Confluence
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.