Is there any other way to export conversations from JIRA apart from JIRA Cloud?
Hi @Charlotte Wolff
Can you please clarify what do you mean by "conversations"? Do you mean the issue comments?
Also, what do you mean by "any other way apart from Jira Cloud"? Which exporting option did you already try exactly that doesn't fit your needs?
Yes I mean the issue comments, the conversations people have between tickets (I'm not as advanced in Jira, I am still learning).
I haven't tried any exporting methods as yet, I have just done the research. I can't seem to find where the export is kept in Jira, and through research I have found that you can only export issue comments through having Jira Cloud. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Many thanks.
There are options to export certain types of data from Jira Server as well as Cloud.
Jira itself offers only limited options to export information: you have an "Export" drop-down menu in Server for example that allows you to choose CSV export or HTML.
If you want more advanced options, exporting metadata like comment, issue history, worklogs, etc. you will most certainly need an exporter app from the Atlassian Marketplace. For exporting issue comments you can try Better PDF Exporter (from our team), that can export all sorts of Jira data. See this example:
You can also do that for Excel.
If you prefer a different export output, I suggest search for it on the Marketplace!
I cannot find the "Export" dropdown. Where can I find this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.