On the issue sort we are sorting the results by multiple fields, but this is lost when showing the results on the dashboard gardet.
Is it possible to persist issue sorting on the filter results dashboard gadget?
Hi Michael, did you add an ORDER BY to the filter you are using for that gadget? I just tested this locally, and when using
assignee = currentUser() AND statusCategory != Done ORDER BY created DESC
the gadget was sorted by created in the dashboard. I changed that to priority and it updated accordingly. Hope that helps!
Alex - In my experience, multiple sort columns do not persist, which is why I posted this.
Do you know a way to get multiple sorted columns to persist on the gadget?
@Michael Woffenden, did you ever figure out how to retain the multi-column sorts in the filter results gadget?
@Austin Stallardunfortunately no.
On a related note, I do like the features of the Column Order Gadget Plugin, which is free, and lets you get your personal settings from the issue navigator to your dashboard. It preserves column selection rather nicely, however, I've not tested it so see if it preserves sorting.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.