In jira I have made tasks and estimated them. Then I have made subtasks but have not put estimates to these sub tasks as these hours will be considered over and above the planned hours of parent task! Ideal expectation was that if I create the parent tasks as 10h and subtask as 5hours then while creatinng and planning the next subtask under the same parent it should not allow me more than 5 hours since I have already consumed 5 out of 10 earlier.
But as I see JIRA 5.0.6 does not allow any system benefit rather I would need to manually keep track of subtasks planned. This is tedious!
So I made an alternate way to stop giving estimates to sub tasks assuming the parent will automatically get the remaining hours field impacted by the time spent hours in the subtasks.
But even this is not happening..it must be possible in some way!! Either this or that...Can someone suggest!
Thanks in advance.