I tried using the stash backup client. The backup worked fine. I am facing issues while restoring.
I wanted to restore in a fresh directory and DB. A Empty DB is created and when i restore using the restore client, It gets restored and further following the steps I install a stash in a new directory.
The new stash is pointing to the directory on which i have restored my data. when i start stash and configure it and during the DB configuration it asks for an empty DB where as the DB is overwritten by the restore client.
Secondly when i un-tar the backed up tar (from the backup client) i do not see any DB dump or any file related to the DB
Also i want to know the procedure for Restoring.
The Restore procedure writes into the DB and according to the documentation we need to install stash, whereas while installing stash it needs a Empty DB.Both the Restoring and installation contradict each other.
Also suggest if there is any Disaster Recovery plan for STASH.