I'm testing out Jira Service Desk and have made a lot of progress in importing my old data. I've even successfully imported all of my old work log entries as comments on the issues. One thing I'd like to be able to do is ensure I am able to preserve the names of the users that made the entries. Currently, unless the same user name exists in Jira, the comment is tagged with the name of the logged in administrator making the import (myself).
My question is, can I automatically generate users based on the username associated with the comment import, if that user does not exist? I've noticed that it can do this when I assign the Reporter from the import.
Secondly, if I cannot do this, the user pool is relatively small and I could manually generate the user names, but I'm concerned about license usage at that point. For the comments to be associated with the users, do all of the users need to be licensed at the time of import (and at what level)? This is mostly for historical data, as many usernames associated with these comments are no longer current users.
Thanks!