I work with Atlassian Stash to host Git repositories. SourceTree is very handy to look at my local clones and manage them.
I now discovered the "Hosted repositories" feature of SourceTree, which fetches and lists all repos within a Stash project and allows to create local clones. Hurray! However, I already have local clones of most repos. SourceTree offers to open an existing clone. If I do that I get the following error:
Remote details do not match
There is no remote defined in the repository you selected that matches the incoming remote project details. If you definitely want to associate this repository with this remote link that pleas edit the remote details on your repository to match.
But what are these "remote details" that should "match"? I tried renaming the remote, to `origin` or `stash` instead of the `central` I usually like to use. None of that works. But since SourceTree does not provide any details on what it is comparing, I have no chance of updating my setup.
I finally realized that I use ssh to access Stash, so my local clones have an ssh remote configured. How can I make SourceTree do the following alltogether:
- load the list of hosted repos on Stash
- use ssh to push/pull etc.
- connect the local clone and the remote repo in SourceTree