I am trying to create a Power Query feed into an Excel file that presents all the Issues listed under a given Epic. I have already verified that the REST API URL delivers the content that I am looking for by testing it in the Restless browser plugin, and here is the query:
https://jira.XXXXXX.com/rest/api/latest/search?jql=cf[10182]=XXX-845
In Excel, I start creating a new Get Data: From Web import. In the Advanced view, I provide my validated URL.
Without any additional config information, I get an error 400, which I assume is because our Jira server requires authentication. No problem, maybe it needs the same Basic authentication that the Restless plugin needed.
So, I add an HTTP header of type 'Authorization', and provide the details that the Restless client used successfully.
Next error is this: "The 'Authorization' header is only supported when connecting anonymously. [...]"
Has anyone else managed to successfully import REST API data from a Jira Server into Excel and can offer solutions for my problem, so that I can import my data feed into my Excel dashboard?
Regards,
Nigel
Jira Server 7.12
Excel is latest edition, part of a corporate 365 subscription.