Hello Justin,
Welcome to Community! It's nice to have you.
Regards,
Shannon
Hey Shannon! Thank you for the warm welcome.
I believe I'm using the latest version of confluence as I've recently downloaded the server instance. I'm not sure if I've downloaded the server correctly however, as I'm sure exactly what you mean by user management?
This is the error message I receive when I try to log and and click the forgot password link: "Sorry, you can't retrieve your password as no email service has been configured for Confluence. Please contact your administrators for assistance."
Justin,
Thank you for the details.
In Confluence Cloud version (we host it) then you use your Atlassian ID to login. However, if you have Confluence Server, then the user management is not hosted with Atlassian. It's either hosted on the Confluence Server itself, on a Jira Server connected to Confluence, or your company's external user management (such as LDAP or SSO).
You can double-check the Confluence version at the bottom of your instance. It should tell you the version there. In order to see what you are using for User Management in Confluence Server, have a look below:
To configure your Confluence user directories:
Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration
Click 'User Directories' in the left-hand panel.
If you cannot access this, can you tell me, are you the server admin or the instance, or do you have another person managing that?
Ok, how do I locate and open my instance? I am the server admin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.