I am confused. Everyday Confluence sends to me a Log Scan results and it points to
I cannot do anything and it still shows up in the Log Scan emails.
Hi @Jiri Pik
Depending on the version of Confluence, the bundled JAVA version could be Oracle or OpenJDK. I believe installer files of Confluence 6.13.x and above will be bundled with OpenJDK.
To confirm what Java you are using, you can check from Admin Menu > System Information and check for java.runtime.name or java.vendor. It should give you OpenJDK or Oracle
If it is showing OpenJDK, it is expected that the KB is shown in the Log Scan.
The KB just serves as an information point and there's no further action needed from your side Think of it like a quick FAQ for others that's concerned if OpenJDK is supported or not. This is because as in the past, Confluence was not compatible with OpenJDK and was known to cause some issues in older Confluence versions.
If you are not using OpenJDK, feel free to provide the support zip on the ticket created by Shannon for us to review further.
Hello Jiri,
Nice to hear from you again! Could you show me what those logs look like by pasting the lines here, or using Pastebin. and let me know what your Confluence version is?
Are you currently using OpenJDK?
Regards,
Shannon
I am using the latest Confluence on AWS Linux.
The daily Log Scan results look like the below with the OpenJDK link being
Thank you for providing the screenshot. I am interested to know your response to my question about if you are currently using OpenJDK.
Can you let me know if you are currently using OpenJDK? If so, you want to make sure that you're using the AdoptOpenJDK per the article you linked. This is the supported version of OpenJDK in Confluence.
For more details about this, have a look at our Confluence Supported Platforms.
If you choose to ignore the warning, Confluence may still run fine on your current OpenJDK version, but if you run into issues you will want to switch to a supported version prior to reaching out for assistance.
I am using the Atlassian default installer for AWS EC2 and have not installed anything special than the standard AWS EC2.
How do I know if Confluence is using the OpenJDK?
Apologies for the delay, I am just submitting the Support Zip.
If it's a known false alarm, which seems to be the case now, I would welcome if it was removed.
Again, THANK YOU so much for the product and all your fantastic help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.