We are about to release an application to the public. This app will be first be Web based and we will next branch out into mobile. We are currently in Beta and using Service Desk via our companies own installation of Atlassian suite.
Im looking for the most efficient and cost effective way to set up a Service Desk in the domain built for the application we're launching. newdomain.com/servicedesk for example.
I would like to have it open to "create your own account" as needed but I don't want to pay for every account created, and I would like to have this system "talk to" or "update" our main Jira SD install so that when we escallate bugs they would be sent to the Dev Team in their standard Jira instance.
Im looking for suggestions, and guidance here, as I can't seem to find any setup like this in the docs.
Way back when we first started with Atlassian I recall hearing that there was a way to install Service Desk using our existing license, and not having to pay for the public users, but I cant find that anymore.
Thanks in advance...
Dave