Hi, I've realized I had not yet introduced my self in the community, while already having started to navigate this site quite frequently.
I'm a project manager in the industrial manufacturing field, trying also to act as PMO for my company.
My scholar background is mechanical engineering. I've been working for several years as a designer, product manager, had some experiences in motorbike racing, and then ended up to project management. I'm a holder of the PMP credential from PMI.
I'm introducing Jira and Confluence in my company to reorganize the project management system tools, mixing predictive techniques (not possible to do differently in our field) with agile approaches for sub elements of our typical wbs. We're really loving the Atlassian suite, even if our projects are usually not software development projects.
I've always loved information technology, but never had the chance to make it my main job. Coding is always been kind of a hobby, and I have some experience in developing small add-ons in VBA for MS Excel and MS Project, I made something in LISP many years ago, but that's it.
Recently I started to try learning elements of web development and Java, mainly with the aim of making some experiments in Confluence and Jira, using Scriptrunner.
That's all I can say, I guess.
Ciao a tutti!
Andrea