Is there a way to remove the anonymous user from Confluence?
The configuration option under Global Permissions is not sufficient, as this only regulates the default and the assignment to a space is still possible.
Unless the site wide setting in Global Permissions allows anonymous users, they won't be able to access spaces that have granted anonymous users access. Global Permissions is a site wide setting.
I'm totally with @James Dellow - if you switch of 'Can use' for Confluence for Anonymous Users there is no possible way for users without personal access to get into any space.
Hi @A_ S_ -
Can you explain what you mean by 'assignment to a space is still possible' if anonymous users are not allowed in the Global Permissions setting ?
I would like to remove the possibility for Space Owners to grant rights to all Confuence users within our organization for a space. This is currently possible via anonymous and Confluence users. I'm not talking about 'public' access.
What about taking away restriction rights from space admins in space permissions. If I understand you right space owners are allowed to set those restrictions.
Not sure what you mean by anonymous and confluence users - do you mean the space admins open their space for anonymous and conflunence users?
@A_ S_ you might like to check the following past discussion related to to your question (and how to customise Confluence to address it) https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/I-would-like-to-remove-anonymous-access-as-a-choice-for-Space/qaq-p/231208 and also this open enhancement suggestion https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-44116 (you should comment and vote on it, if you want to see this implemented)
Thanks, the workaround described in the ticket is exactly what I need.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.