After successfully connecting my Slack account with JIRA server, I attempt to confirm access to my Slack Account by clicking on the link provided, however when I do I receive the following error message:
OAuth Error: redirect_uri did not match any configured URIs. Passed URI : https://jira.ec2.local/slack/oauth/redirect/XXXXXX
Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a solution/current workaround?
Thank you!
Hi, Taylor.
So, this error comes from Slack during the authentication flow. It means your Jira base URL is not properly setup in Slack's configuration so it complains about it.
If you look into the docs, there's a configuration step where you need to manually input your Jira base URL into Slack's configuration:
If you haven't filled that up and submitted successfully, you would still be able to use those credentials to get Jira notifications into Slack, but not the other way around, i.e., Slack wouldn't be able to talk to Jira.
You'll also be constrained by the fact that Slack performs a check on your Jira URL, therefore it must be publicly available on the internet and secured with HTTPS.
It means, first, you'd need to make sure your firewall allows traffic from the internet to your Jira through a valid domain.
Also, self-signed SSL certificates are not accepted. If you don't have a valid signed certificated, you can obtain one for free at https://letsencrypt.org/.
Hi Luiz, where do we find the JIRA firewall settings to allow traffic to the JIRA instance? I am having the same OAuth Issue.
Hey @sidarthvadewr
Sorry for the delay. Somehow I missed the notification about this comment.
You can find more information about whitelisting requests here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-the-whitelist-861254007.html
If you have more questions, please reach out to our support.
Cheers!
I tried to enter the URL of my Instance, but ive got always an error.
It took me a good while to figure this out but in my case I was always getting the "Ooops error" when putting your jira instance URL in.
So even though my site certificate was valid it did not include the whole certificate chain on the load balancers.
Everything worked fine except for this.
As a suggestion you can always double check your cert using https://www.digicert.com/ or some other cert checker.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.