The ACP-600 Certification is the easiest of the Atlassian Certifications and entry level. You must know the difference between the role of a Project Administrator and a Jira Administrator to Pass. Expect a lot of scenario questions and similar answers. Take your time to go through the questions and answers. Sometimes the final clue is in the scenario question or answers. Don’t waste too much time on a single question if confusing. Select your best answer or answers, mark it (for review later) and come back to it at the end, if you have enough time to go through them again. Below are a few tips that help me pass my exam.
Project Administration in Jira Server (On Demand)
Go through the Atlassian ACP-600 Prep Course “Project Administration in Jira Server (On Demand)” at least 3 (three) times before sitting the Exam. you get the “Project Administration in Jira Server (On Demand)" once you pay for the exam. Each time I went over the course I learnt and noted down new things I didn’t notice before.
ACP-600 Exam Topics Sheet
Go through the Atlassian ACP-600 Exam Topic sheet https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification/certifications/exam-acp-600. Answers each of the points listed in the exam topics guide and use them as your revision sheet. I went through all the points of the exam topics copied them into a word document and answered them all one by one. I then used this as my revision during study and before I took the exam. It was very useful and key to answering the exam questions correctly for me.
Atlassian Documentation
Go through and use the Atlassian Documentation extensively for better understanding. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/defining-a-project-938847066.html
Additional Courseware
Go through all the Additional Courseware provided with the “Project Administration in Jira Server (On Demand)” course. They are short 5 – 15 minutes long videos, especially the “Reports, Dashboards, & JQL” ones 11 videos in total on Reports, Dashboards, & JQL. They were very useful prerequisite knowledge information and key to passing the reporting and JQL exam questions. You will learn elements of queries which Fields, Operators, Values and Keywords. In addition you will learn how to search with Dates, Text, Functions, Keywords, and Operators etc. Also go through the JQL Cheat Sheet that is provided in the resources section. This was very useful to me in passing the exam and getting high marks in reporting and JQL.
Top Secrets to Success for Project Administration in Jira Server
Go through the “Top Secrets to Success for Project Administration in Jira Server” webinar very useful for understanding the role of Project Administrators. https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/software/the-top-secrets-to-success-for-project-administration-in-jira-server
Lab Workbook and Virtual Lab
Go through the lab workbook. Do the virtual lab exercises after you have covered the above points. You only have 24 hours access to the virtual lab so make such you use your time wisely. It is best to go through the virtual lab on a day that you don’t have much doing.
Atlassian ACP-600 Sample Exam Questions
Go through the Atlassian sample exam questions provided with the “Project Administration in Jira Server (On Demand)” at least four or five days before your exam (don’t expect the same questions to come out in the exam) to see where you are at, if you scale them you are ready for the exam, if not spend some more time going through the Administration in Jira Server (On Demand)” course, focusing on your weak areas. You have 72 hours to reschedule the exam without losing your money hence the reason why I mentioned above to do the sample question four or five days before to give you enough time to see where you are at.
IMPORTANT
Lastly, pray for a retentive memory (very important). On the day of the exam, as I sat through the exam going through the questions I experienced confusing answers and my mind going blank, I selected my best answer and answers, marked them (in order to review later) and moved on to other questions and at the same time I prayed to God for a “Retentive Memory”. I did not finish the whole exam before that “Retentive Memory” came back to me. I immediately went back to the marked questions, reviewed them and selected the correct answers. Good Luck in your exams and See You at the Top!
Worst Case Scenario
In the event you fail don't give up or leave it too long as the longer you leave it the more you have to study all over again. Book your exam retake after 7 days period Atlassian advice and scale it this time around. Good Luck in your exams and See You at the Top!