I am trying to push a file from my local repo to remote. I did the following steps
I got the above fatal error. I am not able to push the file. Please help. I am pretty new to bitbucket.
Thanks,
priya
Hi Priya,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
The images you included are not showing, so without seeing the error it makes it a bit hard to help.
Hi Mikael,
Not sure why the images are not showing up. I did clone and got the url . Then in windows CMD, in the local repo area, I did git clone and pasted the URL. It looks like it did the cloning part.
Then I did git add file name
git commit -m "initial commit message..."
I saw a message after the commit as "on branch master"
then when I did git push origin master
I got a message "fatal: origin does not appear to be a git repository"
"fatal: could not read from remote repository"
"please make sure have the correct access rights and the repository exists."
These were the error messages I got when I tried to push the file. Not sure, what I am doing wrong.
Is your local repo area already a git repository or is it just a folder where you want to put your repository?
You can check that the remote is set correctly by running git remote -v, this will list the remote URLs:
$ git remote -vBitbucket.org https://username@bitbucket.org/username/repository.git (fetch)Bitbucket.org https://username@bitbucket.org/username/repository.git (push)
Hi,
I updated my source as my remote repo using the git set-url command. I tried to push the new file to repo. I get the following error message.
I am new to bitbucket. I am not lost on what I am doing wrong. I don't know how to set my master to my local repo which is my h drive in my machine.
git push source masterTo https://bitbucket.cdisc.org/scm/oat/odm-test-src.git! [rejected] master -> master (non-fast-forward)error: failed to push some refs to 'https://priagopal@bitbucket.cdisc.org/scm/oat/odm-test-src.git'hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behindhint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.