Earlier post on this went dormant, so I'm looking to reactivate it here. In summary:
1. Created issue types Theme and Initiative in Jira.
2. Created corresponding hierarchy levels in Portfolio.
3. For each issue at any level (incl. epics, stories, etc.), created "Related" (linked) issues at all relevant levels (higher, peer, lower).
4. In Portfolio, the correct (and only ) project board is recognized.
5. The project shows all of the issues entered and all of the links I created between them.
6. In Portfolio, the issues appear in Scope lists, but Portfolio is clearly NOT applying or recognizing a specific "PARENT" linkage between Epics and Initiatives, nor between Initiatives and Themes. As a result, issues list only as items "without parents", and the column of the list that should show Initiatives related to epics does not show any data.
7. In Portfolio, clicking on an issue shown as "without a parent" does bring up the detail screen needed on which a Parent would show and/or a Parent can be applied, but the feature does not work -- no data search nor data entry presents issues that (as above) I already know are defined and found elsewhere in the apps.
SOOOoooooo.... either it's a bug, or I missed a configuration step earlier.
What is going on?