I have a Cascading Select custom field that I would like to have subtasks inherit on creation. I have tried using both JMWE to Set Field Value from Parent and JSU to Copy Value from Other Field as part of the Create Transition in the workflow. Both produce the same inconsistent result, namely, they don't always pick the right cascading select combination for the subtask.
My custom field has values like:
- (Parent) 2012 (Children) Defect, Upstream, BAU - This set of options is disabled
- (Parent) 2013 (Children) Project A, Project B
- (Parent) BAU (Children) Stabilization, Defect, Upstream
My test parent issue has this field set to BAU - Upstream, BUT the subtask creation invariably picks 2012 - Upstream. When I change the field value on the parent to 2013 - Project A, it successfully creates a subtask with the correct field value.
Has anyone seen similar behavior or have suggestions for alternatives or work-arounds?
We're running JIRA 6.0.8 with JMWE 3.3 and JSU 1.4.9.
Thanks!!!
Bill