Hey gang: up front, I have read all of the prior posts and linked articles regarding the GCOL / OOM error I am seeing in Confluence running under Win7. I have read that a likely course of action may involve increasing the memory allocation to JVM and possibly to the tomcat6w.exe. Here is my unique predicament: I am a Mac / UI design guy who failed to duck when this problem occurred during a time the normal PC/Win techs are all off-site. (Never mind the bad planning that went into THAT decision.) But as a graphics guy, several lines in the KnowledgeBase entries and prior replies are just beyond my grasp. But much like Scotty, I'm being told that disaster will occur if I can't get the warp drive back online...
It would mean a lot if somebody could point me to a plain-english walkthrough of how to edit the memory parameters for my JVM (which I read should be done in small 512 increments as "too much" can be as bad as "too little.") The server is a beefy machine, some 32GB of actual RAM, if that impacts the equation at all. I see that the Java Melody Plugin is recommended for Garbage Collection Tuning but I am hopeful that is something I can defer to the pros later on - if a memory adjustment gets this back online for now, I'll call it a win.
Sorry to ask a previously-posted question, and thanks in advance for any help.