Hello,
Please can you give me some manuall step-by-step, how I can update my Jira Service Desk wich is on Linux server?
Unfortunately we fired our linux administrator and I am not so familiar with linux...
Thank you
Kirill
@Kirill Putryk , first if I were in your shoes I would hire another admin or at least contract with someone. With that said there are a number of resources you can have a look at:
I wouldn't expect you will get a step-by-step guide answered here as some of it will depend on your current installation.
Depends on your level of comfort and method of initial installation, you can follow this Atlassian documentation below:https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/upgrading-jira-applications-using-the-installer-935390935.html
Be sure to make a backup or snapshot of your virtual machine (powered-off) before you execute this action.
If you don't have Linux experience, I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself - as suggested contract with someone, hire someone or wait. Doing an upgrade, even with following the steps outlined by Jira will be very hard if you don't have Linux experience. Do you know what Linux you're running? CentOS?
As Jack stated, I'd recommend contacting an Atlassian Partner if you don't have strong Linux skills ... leave it to the experts save yourself some headache.
Hi Jack,
Thank you for fast reply. And unfortunate answers I think move our Jira to cloud is the answer then, as long as I do not want to hire any Linux admin .
@Kirill Putryk - any luck upgrading your Jira instance?
If not, what version of Jira Service Management and Jira Software are you on currently?
Hi Dave, in the end we decided to move to cloud version. We are small team, so it is better for us. Thank you for askind
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.