Hello,
I am totally new to JIRA. I am adding new issue types to an existing project which has already two issue types.
1. Task 2. Task_A
There is only one screen used for create/edit/view issue for both issue types.
"Details" has all system fields and Task_A has some additional fields which are placed on the screen using a new field tab named "Task_A", which is same as the name of the task.
When I select issue type "Task", the screen shows me only one field tab "Details" which has all system fields.
When I select issue type "Task_A", the screen shows both tabs "Details" and "Task_A".
I added new issue types to the project namely "Task_B", "Task_C" and also new field tabs namely "Task_B", "Task_C".
Now when I select issue type "Task_B" it shows the field tab of "Details" and "Task_B" and hides all other field tabs. (works perfectly according to my requirement).
But when I select issue type "Task_C", it shows the field tab of "Details", "Task_B" and "Task_C". (here is the problem because I dont want to see the field tab "Task_B").
First of all I don't understand how jira is matching the issue type name with the tab field?
There is no script behind it which I can find.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ansari