Wrote a message but now a colleague has decided to answer it and wants me to unsend a message, I sent to the client so they don't get confused. Can I unsend?
Hi @Laura Ingles - By message are you meaning a comment on a JIRA ticket?
Yes, I mean comment. Sorry still learning JIRA language.
No worries @Laura Ingles . With a comment you are not unable to unsend the email notification it sends. You can delete the comment if you have the correct permissions in the project. But the email notification will still contain the comment you posted as part of it.
@Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM I thought the message would still be sent and I was correct.
Thank you, Bryan. Still learning the ins and outs. Is there a training video by any chance on JIRA?
Laura
Hi @Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM Concerning "You can delete the comment if you have the correct permissions in the project. But the email notification will still contain the comment you posted as part of it."What you can do to make sure the notification is updated.Edit the comment first (if you have the permissions of course) and replace the text with "-". Then save. Then delete the comment.The notification will be updated to "Delete" and the text in the comment will be replaced by the "-" so the text that you did not want to disclose is gone.
regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.