Today I tried to upgrade our Confluence from 6.0.6 to 6.15.x The upgrade fails with the message that the schema could not be updated. After having a painfull look at the logs I found that I face exactly the same error message as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/upgrade-failed-application-will-not-start-com-atlassian-config-configurationexception-cannot-update-schema-947849026.html
However, this is of no help for me, since the table "ATTACHMENTS" which is mentioned in the above article does not exist. Any having experience with this and can give me a helping hand?
Kind regards, Jens
Hello Jens,
Sorry to hear you're having trouble upgrading Confluence.
Could you please outline the exact steps you took when upgrading, and what database and version you are using?
Please feel free to include the lines of log from your own Confluence server log as well. You can send just the bits that refer to the actual failure.
Thank you!
Regards,
Shannon
Hi,
I would open a support ticket with the Atlassian team. An upgrade from an old version like 6.0.6 to 6.15.x is something special. Did you store the attachments in the database with your 6.0.6 version?
Best
JP
No, all attachements are saved in the Home-Folder.
Seems a support-Ticket with the Atlassian team is not possible for the starter license
Hello Shannon,
We are using MySQL 5.5.34. The steps I take are the same as I did so many times before:- Downloaded the latest version- Added the .jar for the MySQL Connector- Modified the confluence-init.properties to point to our home dir- started ConfluenceAnd than this happens:
2019-05-02 17:32:22,618 ERROR [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginFrameworkContextListener] launchUpgrades Upgrade failed, application will not start: com.atlassian.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot update schemacom.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.atlassian.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot update schema at com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeManager.upgrade(AbstractUpgradeManager.java:135) at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginFrameworkContextListener.launchUpgrades(PluginFrameworkContextListener.java:119) at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginFrameworkContextListener.contextInitialized(PluginFrameworkContextListener.java:79) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4682) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5150) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1377) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1367) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)Caused by: com.atlassian.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot update schema at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.core.persistence.hibernate.schema.ConfluenceSchemaHelper.validateSchemaUpdateIfNeeded(ConfluenceSchemaHelper.java:117) at com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.impl.DefaultUpgradeManager.validateSchemaUpdateIfNeeded(DefaultUpgradeManager.java:73) at com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeManager.upgrade(AbstractUpgradeManager.java:120) ... 14 moreCaused by: org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementException: Attempt to resolve foreign key metadata from JDBC metadata failed to find column mappings for foreign key named [FKF0E7436E34A4917E] at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.InformationExtractorJdbcDatabaseMetaDataImpl$ForeignKeyBuilderImpl.build(InformationExtractorJdbcDatabaseMetaDataImpl.java:885) at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.InformationExtractorJdbcDatabaseMetaDataImpl$ForeignKeyBuilderImpl.build(InformationExtractorJdbcDatabaseMetaDataImpl.java:866) at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.InformationExtractorJdbcDatabaseMetaDataImpl.getForeignKeys(InformationExtractorJdbcDatabaseMetaDataImpl.java:849) at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.TableInformationImpl.foreignKeys(TableInformationImpl.java:97) at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.TableInformationImpl.getForeignKey(TableInformationImpl.java:108) at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.findMatchingForeignKey(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:446) at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.applyForeignKeys(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:419) at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.performMigration(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:245) at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.doMigration(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:110) at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:87) at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:58) at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.core.persistence.hibernate.schema.ConfluenceSchemaHelper.validateSchemaUpdateIfNeeded(ConfluenceSchemaHelper.java:114) ... 16 more2019-05-02 17:32:22,629 ERROR [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginFrameworkContextListener] launchUpgrades 1 errors were encountered during upgrade:2019-05-02 17:32:22,629 ERROR [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginFrameworkContextListener] launchUpgrades 1: Cannot update schema
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.