I am calling the JIRA REST API as below from POSTMAN DESKTOP with authorization Type as BasicAuth or NoAuth and its throwing error as "Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it." and "Unauthorized".
https://<domain-name>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/RPC-260
Can anyone guide me on how to proceed on this.
Hi @Sai Shyam Pasupuleti ,
Please confirm that you have access to the project by viewing the issue on the browser.
https://<domain-name>.atlassian.net/browse/RPC-260
Hi Edwin,
Yes I do have access and I am able to get the data using Chrome REST Service client where as with Desktop version of POSTMAN its failing.
Your response will be highly appreciated
When used Authorization Type - No Auth it says "Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it." and below is the screenshot
When Authorization Type - Basic Auth it says Unauthorized Find the screenshot
Please advice on this.
Your timely help is much appreciated
I am having the same problem. Has this issue been resolved yet.
Thanks,
Mamata
Hello guys,
With the basic auth, are you using the API token in the password field? That is how it suppose to work.
Cheers!
Alexandre C.
I'm having same issue, Please suggest..
any updates on how to resolve this?
You should be using:
This worked, thanks.
Hello,
I am facing the same problem. Has this issue been resolved ? any suggestion?
I't works with the browser but i keep having 401Unauthorized with postman
I'm using the e-mail as username and the generated token fro jira as a password
Also running into: "Basic auth with password is not allowed on this instance"
So what other options than basic auth does the jira api support?
Getting issue in Postman "Basic auth with password is not allowed on this instance"
I am using Basic Auth. Email in Username an Token in Password.
Can anyone please help as it was working fine earlier?
Thanks you !!!!
How to know the API token?
1) click on my picture > bottom left
2) select profile
3) click 'manage your account'
4) click 'security
5) click 'create and manage API tokens'
Here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html
https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens#
?
I had the same situation for a while and finally learned that my username needed to be the email address NOT just the username alone. Though, when I am using Jira I sign in with without the email address.
I love how Pvs_Krishna just responds with the steps to get the token when people are actually asking why that's not working.
This also worked for me.
Is it just me? Or is this totally bananas? I've been chasing my tail for hours trying to get it to work with OAuth v2.
Is this a normal way to use such a token?
Thanks a lot for this help!
As recommended, e-mail as username, API token as password and Authorization type as 'Basic Auth' worked from Postman.
Hi All,
I am using basic auth with token and still i am getting
{ "errorMessages": [ "Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it." ], "errors": {}}
However when i use the same url in browser, with session of jira logged in another tab, i am getting back issue details
Any suggestion?
Hi, Can anyone share PostMan Collection for JIRA APIs, it would be very helpful for me to understand it easily?
You can ordinarily import the wadl into Postman, but I haven't had luck lately.
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.6.1/jira-rest-plugin.wadl
Hi Sharath,
I am having the same issue.
Is your issue resolved ?
hi there ! i set up all headers,authorization, basic auth, api token , user name but getting 404 error please help to resolve it ..
Your token maybe expired.
Go to your Jira instance - personal access token and revoke/delete current token, then recreate your token again, copy and paste to a text file exactly as shown.
In Postman access Authorization - basic auth, and under password copy and paste your new token from above. (hint: Click on show your password to make sure it's copied exactly without any additional spaces at the end), then execute your api.
You have to use the username of the application. In my case, I got 401 when using my e-mail and trying to call Jira Insight API.I clicked the icon in the top right and then Profile, and here I could see that my username was not my e-mail, but a network ID issued by my organization. Using this username I was able to call the API successfully as described above.
Also, different Jira applications does not share the token, so a token created in Jira does not work for Jira Insight.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.