Hi,
I am a bit confused. Who is the project owner on Bitbucket? And for a repo? How can I check it and change it?
We are using version 5.4 so I cannot transfer the ownership, I couldn't find it in the documentation.
Thanks
Hello Paula,
The admins on Bitbucket server are a bit different than the owners on Bitbucket cloud. Mainly being that any user with the permissions of Admin or Project creator could be the owner as they have admin access. The best way to find out who has admin on a project or repo would be to check or use the REST API to find out.
There are articles which cover how to review, add and modify permissions within Bitbucket server which would be a good reference to review. You may find these articles here:
I hope this proves helpful and you’re able to find who has which permissions across Bitbucket.
Regards,Stephen Sifers
Hi @Stephen Sifers
Thank you for your answer.
I still have some questions, a repo can be public or not and that is clear but then when you create a project you can have some public and some private repositories in it, can't you? Who's the owner then?
Hello, again Paula,
Repo permissions do allow you to control which are public or private. Currently, within Bitbucket cloud, there is no option to adjust project-level permissions, this is solely managed through repo permissions currently. There is a feature request to allow for project-level permissions which may be found at Allow user to manage repositories access with Project Permissions. We would suggest you vote and watch this request to receive future updates of its status.
Thanks for the explanation I am using bitbucket on premise but I guess it would apply the same as in the cloud.
Regards,
Paula
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.