Dear All,
My newly installed confluence 6.15.3 is running on different machine behind the front end nginx https server that is facing the Internet. Everything runs but confluence always complaining that the base url is not the same.
I actually made it look almost the same except the port.
My users access it from public internet by typing https://confluence.mydomain.com.
The https requests would be capture by my front end nginx running https then proxy pass it to back end server on the different machine with the same name http://confluence.mydomain.com:9777 different only in the port instead of port 80 I do the port 9777 (tomcat connector). Confluence keeps bugging me about this.
Internal network recognizes confluence.mydomain.com is at backend machine instead of front end because I put the name (confluence.mydomain.com) in /etc/hosts in both front end and back end machines.
How do I keep the confluence happy with the setting without having tomcat to run on port 80 on the backend machine ?
So It does not keep bugging me with this complain:
Your URL doesn't match
Confluence's base URL is set to http://confluence.mydomain.com:9777 but you are accessing Confluence from https://confluence.mydomain.com.
Update base URL