I have followed the step by step instruction in creating a self signed certificate but still cannot get HTTPS working. Our final goal is to use our private wildcard certificate. Please assist!
Hello Jack,
Welcome to Community! It's nice to meet you.
Were the instructions you used for the self-signed certificate from Atlassian? Would you be able to show us what you've followed so far? I believe you might have already reviewed the below article?
If you can tell us exactly the error you are experiencing I am happy to help with this.
Regards,
Shannon
Yes, I followed the same steps from that documentation. I first tried the self signed certificate which is very simple and straightforward. But when I launch the web browser https://localhost:8443, it doesn't work. So I then tried using Private Certificate via those steps and still not successful. I am not getting any errors, the page just doesn't open. However, It still opens when I launch http://localhost:8090.
Jack,
Thank you for the follow-up!
When you open the page in your browser, I could recommend opening Developer Tools and seeing what occurs there. You can check the Network tab, and it'll let you know what it's being stuck on.
I'm also assuming your SSL isn't going to be setup for simply 'localhost' and you have a URL for it? I would then say you run this test on your SSL site and see what the problem might be.
Lastly, you can find any errors your Confluence instance is generating by having a look at your server logs. Take a look at Working with Confluence Logs for more details if you aren't sure about that.
But this server is hosted in the internal network only. It's not accessible from the outside. I can't run that SSL site test.
As a test, I had setup a brand new server installed with the Confluence evaluation. I was simply testing the self signed certificate and still couldn't get it to work.
- I created the self-signed certificate per the instruction by running the keytool command.
- I modified the server.xml.
- I changed the Confluence base URL.
- I added security constraint to redirect all URLs to HTTPS.
What am I missing here? It should be straight forward.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.