I tried upgrading to confluence 6.15. I encountered the kerberods lsd malware issue and believe I deleted all of the relevant files and I don't see the process running anywhere. After cleaning up, I ran the installer again and still can't get the process running. Confluence dies with out of mem errors. I've tried changing setenv.sh to Xmx2048m with same result. hs_err log here https://pastebin.com/hE2z5D14
Any help/advice appreciated.
Your error log says you are trying to run with 205Mb for the heap. I'm afraid Confluence needs a lot more than that - please give it at least 1Gb (it does run in less, but it's not comfortable)
Thanks, but I thought I did that already... This is my setenv.sh - did I change the wrong line (set to -Xmx2048m from -Xmx1024m)
echo "---------------------------------------------------------------------------"echo "Using Java: $JRE_HOME/bin/java"CONFLUENCE_CONTEXT_PATH=`$JRE_HOME/bin/java -jar $CATALINA_HOME/bin/confluence-context-path-extractor.jar $CATALINA_HOME`export CONFLUENCE_CONTEXT_PATH$JRE_HOME/bin/java -jar $CATALINA_HOME/bin/synchrony-proxy-watchdog.jar $CATALINA_HOMEecho "---------------------------------------------------------------------------"# Set the JVM arguments used to start Confluence. For a description of the options, see# http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/vmoptions-jsp-140102.htmlCATALINA_OPTS="-XX:-PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:-PrintTenuringDistribution ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-Xloggc:$LOGBASEABS/logs/gc-`date +%F_%H-%M-%S`.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-XX:G1ReservePercent=20 ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300 ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:+UseG1GC ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-Dsynchrony.enable.xhr.fallback=true ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-Dorg.apache.tomcat.websocket.DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE=32768 ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="${START_CONFLUENCE_JAVA_OPTS} ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-Dconfluence.context.path=${CONFLUENCE_CONTEXT_PATH} ${CATALINA_OPTS}"CATALINA_OPTS="-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing ${CATALINA_OPTS}"
Should I change the ReservedCodeCacheSize?
Thanks again.
I also added JVM_MIN/MAX at 1024, 2560 respectively.
Where do you see 205mb in the error log for heap? All I see is this line:
heap address: 0x0000000080000000, size: 2048 MB, Compressed Oops mode: 32-bit
which looks like 2048?
Thanks
At the top of the file: Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 214958080 bytes for committing reserved memory.
214958080 / 1024 / 1024 = 205Mb
What I don't know is whether that's the amount it could not allocate (if, for example, you allocated 2560Mb but only had 2355Mb physically available) or the maximum it was trying to allocate.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.