Please help me to understanding the wording in your Mitigation paragraph in this web page "https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-security-advisory-2019-03-20-966660264.html?_ga=2.124535434.1642029173.1555298192-1031304759.1473500844"
If you disable the WebDAV plugin, you will not be able to connect to Confluence using a WebDAV client. Disabling this plugin will also automatically disable the Office Connector plugin, which means Office Connector features such as Import from Word, and Edit in Office will not be available. Note that because WebDAV is not required toedit files from Confluence 6.11 and later, you will still be able to edit files in those versions.
Question:
What do you mean "from Confluence 6.11 and later, you will still be able to edit files in those versions" ?
Do you mean that in 6.11 and later revision,
I can still edit the files in word format, given WebDEV plugin is disabled ?
Or, do you mean
I do not need to disable WebDEV if I am using 6.11 or later revision ?
The reason I am asking is because
I could NOT edit the word files I imported earlier, after I upgraded to the 6.14.1 revision with the WebDEV plugin disabled.
Thanks you,
Regards,
Janna