I've put a significant effort into creating a document in my personal work space and need to get it into a template. I have successfully copied the document from my personal space to the teams space using the integrated "Copy" function, but, I don't have the same ability to copy to a template for my team.
I'm trying to now take this document and put it into our spaces templates (for tighter control and revisions) but I'm having a problem taking a clipboard copy of my initial document into the template.
What's happened so far is I've gone into the content tools for the teams area, created a new template, entered a new header, then pasted the previous work, saved the changed, but, nothing showed up in the user created templates list. I went to search for the document, but nothing shows up in even the recently modified documents.
So the second stab at this, I tried just creating a template, gave it a basic header, saved it, and it showed up in the user created templates list. I go to edit the document, again paste in my previous document, then save. I re-edit, and my pasted text does not show up.
Third times the charm, right? Not in this case. I add some simple text, just "asdf" kind of text, save, then re-edit, and the "asdf' shows up. I select all, paste, save, re-edit, and "asdf" shows up.
I'm not getting any kind of error at this point.
I thought about taking the document and copying it into the templates, but, when I select my teams space, I don't have the ability to select the Templates section.
I am administrator of the group, I have already created one other template (Which I STARTED in the template section).
Why are my pastes from one Confluence document not going into a template? What work arounds are there for this?