I am using "convertToSingleSelect" to convert custom text field to drop-down . I want to make it conditional i.e
a) Select dropdown when response is not NULL
b) Free text when response is NULL .
To do that, you would have to have to make your rest call twice, once to pre-validate if there is any response, and if so, then make the conversion with the ajaxOptions.
Alternatively, don't use the ajaxOptions, make your rest request, verify the response is not null then convert to single select with setFieldOptions
import groovyx.net.http.ContentTypeimport groovyx.net.http.HTTPBuilderimport groovyx.net.http.Methoddef httpBuilder = new HTTPBuilder(urlOfYourDataSource)def responseDatahttpBuilder.request(Method.GET, ContentType.JSON) { response.success = {resp, data -> responseData = data } response.failure = {resp, text -> log.error "Error: $text" }}if(responseData){ //you may need to transform you data to get a map of id and values for the select def map = someFunctionToTransformYourResponse(responseData) def textFld = getFieldByName("textFieldToConvert") textFld.ConvertToSingleSelect().setFielOptions(map)}
Note that with this approach, you can't repeat the request with each keyPress.But the typeAhead search/filtering will still work on the full data set.
Thanks for your quick response .
I have thought about this approach but it was taking two API calls that's where I stuck .
I want to make this in single API call other wise we can prepare drop-down using jQuery.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.