Hi,
Is it possible to change the default assignee of 950 projects from Unasigned to project lead in a single SQL query.?
Is there any other way than doig it from the Admin console of each project? How to avoid this tedious task..
No, you need to do 950 projects, or use SQL (with a proven backup and Jira offline) or you could try scripting it if you've got the script runner plugin
No.. I dont have script runner plugin..
any idea about the sql query which will do the task?
I think this is a simple one. You still need to stop Jira and back it up, prove the backup is ok, but once you've done that, the SQL should be something like
update project set lead = 'users login id'
You shouldn't need to re-index or do any other messing around, just restart Jira afterwards.
(Of course, that will blart the same person across every project, so you may need some more update lines with some "where" cleauses)
Hi Nic,
I need to change the default assignee to project lead.
I dont want to change the project lead.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.