(this was marked as spam an hour ago and i don't know why. I put it in discussion by mistake, so that may be the reason. I've removed the two fake links just in case it was marked automatically)
I've been trying to get a good agile system setup and despite the number of tutorials and articles i've been through, i'm still not sure how to arrange my system in Jira (or any of the others i've tried for that matter). I just started using it the other day.
I am a web developer and web hosting company with multiple clients, and multiple websites. I'm often working on multiple project at a time (a main build, and a few emergencies and bugs in a week) and i'd like to be able to have a clear view of my work week and what things are due across multiple clients.
I"m seeing it this way (using a imaginary company Cool Cats as an example):
Project: a great website
Epic: Build the initial website
Story: Set up a hero area for the main page
task: find a great graphic
task: insert wonderful text
-----
Project: a secondary website for cat sunglasses
Epic: Make store where cats can buy shades
Story: The glasses should look great at night
task: make sure they can wear them at night
task: so they can, so they can
------
So i often run into the following needs, and i want to make and view issues for them:
I have a status meeting with Cool Cats on Thursday and i want to see all work for them at once.
The company asks me to apply a new terms and conditions to their sites. Now i have one new issue that i want to apply to multiple sites at once in one company.
Google makes a change to how their SEO spiders work and i now have an issue that applies to multiple sites in multiple companies.
So, is it better to set up the company as the project and the sites as epics? Should i have the company as a category? How would i list "Everything i need to do for Cool Cats" if the sites are broken up in projects?
Thanks all