Let's say I move an issue (OLD-10) and it beomes (NEW-20) in the new project. What happens to the OLD-10 link -- will it redirect? And if so, if I completely delete the OLD project, would a redirect still occur? Thanks.
The move is simple - both ends of the link stay with it. Anything linked to OLD-10 will show NEW-20 on it as a link (it's not redirected though, the links are held as issue-id to issue-id so the view hasn't actually changed! Redirection only happens if someone goes to the old URL for OLD-10).
Deleting the OLD project will have no effect, you lose nothing.
Unless you create another new project called OLD, then when you hit OLD-10, your redirection will stop working. But your link between NEW-20 and other stuff will be fine.
Perfect, thank you!
Hi Nic,
I need some help regarding this, As we move an issue from OLD to NEW and when we browse OLD it will redirect to NEW. I want to know from jira database schema point of view where this linking is stored. I go thru jira DB but unable to find where this redirect link is stored. please help.
Thanks
Mmm, it depends on your "programatically". Plugins will throw you an "unknown issue" in most cases. I'm not sure how REST handles, but I suspect it's the same - issue doesn't exist.
in JIRA 6.4.x and above it's on the [moved_issue_key] table.
Can you please tell us about where these moved issue id are stored for jira Version 5.2.8 ?
Thanks , i got my answer data is saved in Changeitem table
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.