Hello,
I am aware of several people deploying Jira in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and I find it interesting that GCP is not listed as one of the supported platforms.
Is there a roadmap to get Jira fully supported in GCP?
Thank you,
You might want to be more specific on what you're looking for. You can create a windows or linux server, create a database and install JIRA like in your own shop. So it is fully supported now.
Is Jira Data Center supported on GCP?
[removed original response and posted as an answer instead]
I suspect the OP is really asking whether Jira supports any of the CloudSQL database implementations... since that's the sticking point in my experience.
Or perhaps they're asking whether, if they run into any problems on GCP whether Atlassian will provide advice/support that is GCP specific.
tl;dr, the answer to both those questions is "no".
Although CloudSQL apparently provides "MySQL" and "SQL Server", they're in fact custom, license-free implementations. With that second one, the clue is in the fact they've dropped the "MS" part and have avoided mentioning "Microsoft" in their CloudSQL documentation.
I have tried the MySQL implementation and it just doesn't work with Jira.
CloudSQL PostgreSQL may work, if you create the database manually rather than via Google's UI/API or Terraform, but the default database settings CloudSQL provides certainly don't work.
Ultimately, even if you manage to work around all of the above limitations, where does that put you in terms of Atlassian Support? Certainly in a far more precarious position than if you go with the Cloud option they officially recommend.
If you have the option of using AWS, then I'd definitely recommend that over GCP.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.