I am relatively new to JIRA so even if this isn't possible, I'm hoping to hear back about suggestions that get my company as close to this goal as possible.
We have a project that contains issues for all of our clients. The privileges are set so that the clients cannot see each other's projects (without downloading a CSV), but this also prevents them from seeing their issues progress or see the latest sprint.
I would like for our client's to only see issues reported by their group in this project. It could be my lacking knowledge of JIRA, but I do not see any permissions that would permit this. So I was hoping as a workaround I could create a new project that only contains issues reported by specific groups members.
Now here's the difficult part, I want issues to still be linked to the original project. Some examples of this relationship would be...
Project A contains all client issues, Project B contains only group 1's issues from Project A. If I make any edits to group 1's issues in either Project A or Project B, the edits persist in both projects. UNIX uses symbolic links, which is similar to how I want the relationship to be. I want a single issue to be accessed from two different projects, with different permissions for groups on each project.
How can I give my client access to see their issues only?