I changed my work-flow to something that seemed more intuitive to me. I changed the workflow such that when a task is created, I give it a "Backlog" status. (Seemed intuitive to me.) And then when I add an issue to a sprint, the status is updated to "ToDo". However, now all of my new tasks do not show up in the backlog on my scrum planning board. If I change their status to "ToDo", then they show up.
The real question here is if I can change the scrum board to put all "Backlog" status tasks in to the Backlog pane. In searching other threads, others suggest that you need to put the unassigned statuses onto a column. However, in the board configuration screen, it only shows the columns and nothing for the backlog area.
Are we forced into a paradigm where something in the backlog must have a "ToDo" status?
Thanks for any help!