Hi I am new to Jira. It seems that the TYPE always defauted to SOFTWARE. How can I change it to another TYPE and would I be able to create new TYPE or delete the default ones? Thanks.
Hello,
If you create a project type, then the project type should become the default for you the next time you create a project.
You can create your own template on Jira Server/Data Center, but you would need to write an app.
You can delete some of the project types, only if you remove the application, which adds these project types. For example, if you remove Jira Software, you will not have all Jira Software project types.
I you mean project type, you cannot create your own but you can change (unless you are trying to change a NG project). Note there appears to have been a recent change in Cloud. Whereas you used to be able to change by going to project > project settings > details and changing Project category, i'm not seeing instructions to use the procedures outlined here - convert-project-to-a-different-template-or-type. If you are are Server, it likely is still possible to use the former method.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.