I try to configure my Confluence server for HTTPS support. A current step is "Step 4. Change your confluence base URL to HTTPS" but I can't change base URL from "http://192.168.100.111:8090" to "https://192.168.100.111:8443". The system display result as blow.
Your URL doesn't match
Confluence's base URL is set to https://192.168.100.111:8443 but you are accessing Confluence from http://192.168.100.111:8090.
I use administrator account from creation wizard after the Confluence installation is done. Could you please help me fix some problem with it?
@Surat Jaemsri
Its because 8443 is default https port. for more info refer this https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-161203.html
If you have changed the default https port, then you have to do this
redirectPort
Change the redirectPort in server.xml to 8090 in your case.
Hi @Surat Jaemsri ,
Customization depend from aim. If you want run tomcat on SSL look herehttps://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-161203.html?_ga=2.232734559.1394665221.1555912458-115832795.1554099184
If You want use third part tools like NGINX:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-behind-nginx-with-ssl-858772080.html
B.R.
Hi @Surat Jaemsri
you could also try:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/proxying-atlassian-server-applications-with-apache-http-server-mod_proxy_http-806032611.html
Configuring Tomcat to run with SSL can be difficult, as you've to handle the Java certificate keystore on your own. We use an Apache HTTPD as an reverse proxy in front of Confluence. Stable, easy to configure & allows other Atlassian tools to be proxied, too (Jira, Bitbucket,..).
Best,
JP
Thank you for your help. I try to configure my server as your suggestion (from link). I already perform step 1 to 3 but I can't change confluence base URL to HTTPS at step 4. I found a URL doesn't match problem as above. I need to use default port as example.
I use "HTTPS - Direct connector with no proxy, for unproxied HTTPS access to Confluence." option at server.xml as below.
<!--==============================================================================================================HTTPS - Direct connector with no proxy, for unproxied HTTPS access to Confluence.
For more info see https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/s3UC==============================================================================================================-->
<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Nio2Protocol"enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLSv1.2" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" SSLEnabled="true"URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="changeit" keystoreFile="/root/.keystore"/>
Best
Surat
Thank you for your help. I never use NGINX before. Is it a reverse proxy? I have to learn more about reverse proxy. My first step need to setup the server without a proxy and I use "HTTPS - Direct connector with no proxy, for unproxied HTTPS access to Confluence." option at "server.xml". I try to fix a problem about change base URL for HTTPS as your suggestion from first link.
Best wishes,
Add
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.