I'd like to generate a specific report and have it emailed to my team every morning. Does Confluence support this capability?
Hello Erin,
I am not entirely sure of the nature of the reports you wish to generate. We have the following article about setting up daily email notifications of the content changed in Confluence.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Subscribing+to+Email+Notifications+of+Updates+to+Confluence+Content
We have another article outlining the process of scheduling and running a job from within Confluence.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Scheduled+Jobs
Please take a bit to look over these documents and let me know if this meets your business needs. If not, please clarify what you are trying to acheive and I will do my best to point you at the appropriate resources.
I checked these articles, and these are not what I'm looking for (although thanks for trying).
I've generated a Single Level Group by report, and each morning, I email this to my team. While this report is helpful, it seems rather silly that I have to run the report and then email it out as a manual process, and I'm hoping that Confluence has either a job or service to do this for me.
Erin,
Are you talking about the Single Level Group by reports available in JIRA?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Single+Level+Group+By+Report
It looks like they are created from a specific issue filter.
We have a document on how users are able to subscribe to an issue filter to receive scheduled updates via email.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email
Please let me know if that will work for you.
Is there a giant hole that I can go and crawl into for being stupid? My bad. Yes, this is in JIRA, and I'll go read this topic.
Hello,
You could use the Power Scripts add-on for it:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219507/power-scripts-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview
It is a free add-on. I've found Power Scripts for Confluence really handy for Confluence admins who want to automate their work and apply bulk actions to Confluence.
You could write a script to get the required information from Confluence and email this info with the sendEmail method. Then schedule execution of this script for each morning with the runJobByCron method.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.