The workflow for the Issue Type is the default workflow in Jira. I have admin rights for the Project under which the Issue was created. I was unable to find any information in the Jira Help database for "resolving" and issue after the issue is closed. I assume that the two "resolve" & "close" are distinct technical terms in [the] Jira workflow/functionality. How is an issue "Resolved".
Hey Dave,
An issue is resolved by adding something into the Resolution field.
Best practices are to either add a post function on the required workflow transitions, or add a screen where a user can add a resolution on those transitions.
Tyler
Tyler, The workflow cannot be modified without going through an admin. Furthermore, the lack of a "Resolution" "Screen" or workflow element does not seem like a reason that an issue cannot be resolved. On the Open Issues page there is a "Status:" and a "Resolution:" field. I have added the required notes to close an issue and it is still being reported as "Unresolved". Is there a different default set of options that should be present for a role that has the privilege to resolve and issue?
Hey David,
The other way would be to add the Resolution field onto your view/edit screen scheme.
This may also require some support from an admin, but it would allow you to add a Resolution on the main issue view rather then having to transition the issue.
Thank you. I will investigate adding a field. More importantly, is there a path to resolution by transitioning an issue? How is an issue transitioned?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.