New user to Jira and need help doing what I thought would be really simple. I have a "Dev Time Estimate" field in which I enter 8h (8 hours).
Then I click on the Start Development button -- which in my mind would start a timer that would be used to calculate actual development time from that moment forward.
After clicking on the Start Development button, another button appears called Calculate Time Estimate. After clicking on this button, it's not clear to me what it's doing?
Finally, after (say) 4 hours of work has passed on this ticket, I click the Stop Development button -- expecting this to stop the same timer mentioned above, and would calculate actual development time of 4 hours. But that is not happening. The Logged field under Time Estimate stays at 0 hours.
Am I using these features incorrectly? Is my thinking/expectation incorrect? Please advise.
As I said, I am a new user and am just looking for basic functionality at this point.
Thank you very much.