Good Afternoon.,
Due to some security issues, we had to rebuild our Confluence server. For whatever reason, none of our local passwords are working so we can validate the new install before swapping it out with the old one.
Following the plethora of articles and community questions, I'm just frustrated. I followed the instructions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html but they don't tell you what the heck to put in the setenv.sh file. There is a ton of crap in there, so my best guess was to add the line:
CATALINS_OPTS="-Datlassian.recovery.password=<new password here>"
This line isn't called out in its entirety the article above, so I'm basically shooting in the dark. No examples anywhere, just links to other places with the same vague information.
This article is useless to me: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/recognized-system-properties-190430.html that's awesome that it shows me the properties, but how the heck do I use them? Zero examples.
I did stop the services manually, and started them manually using the following commands:
sudo /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/stop-confluence.sh
sudo /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/start-confluence.sh
Heck, I even tried to stop manually and start using sudo service confluence start, no luck.
Can someone please post an example of how the line (and where) it should be added to the almighty setenv.sh file?