Is there a way that i can add an Iframe to confluence BUT just showing a desired portion of the screen?
Hello there!
Sam, you surely can. You can define some dimensions for your iFrame windows and define it as non-scrollable.
This is how I would do it:
Insert an HTML Macro in the desired page Go grab the link to the desired page For this example I used this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/create-a-support-zip-790796819.html#CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip Important here is the #CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip Insert the iFrame code in the HTML macro. Here is mine: <iframe scrolling="no" src="https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/create-a-support-zip-790796819.html#CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip" width="100%" height="950px" align="center" ></iframe> Publish the page Users will not be able to scroll the portion of the site that is being shown
<iframe scrolling="no" src="https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/create-a-support-zip-790796819.html#CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip" width="100%" height="950px" align="center" ></iframe>
The #CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip is the ID of the section that I need to show. So, this method relies on this info being available. You can get this information by selecting a title (or anything else, really) and select to "Inspect selection source". Then, you should be able if there is an ID for you to use.
I defined hard limits to my iFrame because I wanted to display that part only. If you use %, it may not show what you need to show.
But the start of the show here is the scrolling="no" parameter. This keeps users from scrolling the content being shown!
So, Sam, let us know if this helps you out!
Reference:
HTML Macro
Creating a support zip
How to put an iFrame into Confluence
Is it possible to create an iframe of the create issue-screen of a JIRA-project to the confluence space?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.