Hello,
I'm evaluating Pipelines while having limited experience of CI-CD. Late to the party, I know...
The organisation I work for is not ready for continuous deployment (we also have to improve our quality process before going there as a dev team too).
So I need a manual trigger for QA and PROD. I would have liked this part of the process to be relatively simple to offer it as self-service to QA member for whom Bitbucket could be an important learning challenge.
I naively thought that I could implement continuous delivery for dev (build, test, e2e, publish to nexus, deploy to dev) and manual trigger deploy (using a simple mix of tags / branch / commit?) to fetch back the binary (build only once + time efficiency) and only do the deploy part.
I don't understand how this could be done with Bitbucket Pipelines.
The manual triggers seems to hidden quite far away in the ui and are binded to branch and commit only?
I thought I could use something like Rundeck but also looks like there is no official bitbucket api to do so. I have seen this thread that seem to be discussing about this : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Trigger-Custom-Pipeline-from-API-OR-create-a-deployment/qaq-p/769230.
Any hint on how I should / could implement this within the limits of Pipelines?
I'll maybe give a look to Bamboo server to see if it would be easier / possible to implement such scenario.
Great product so far.