Apparently there is a way, I just couldn't figure it out.
Here is the background information:
Our company have a old Jira 6.4 instance, I am asked to migrate it into main 7.13 Jira instance.
So I fresh installed a temporary jira 6.4 instance, restored data from old one; upgraded it into 7.13, migrated it into the main 7.13 instance, all good.
Then user started to complain in the new ( main ) Jira instance's agile board, if a issue is unassigned, it's showing as "U". They feel it's confusing since a user name started with "U" will also be showing as "U" ( although in different color).
Apparently on their old Jira, when a issue is not assigned, it doesn't show any avatar.
I checked it and found on the temporary jira ( fresh installed 6.4 then upgraded to 7.13), it also doesn't show avatar for unassigned issue.
Chrome Dev tool shows the HTML code for their jira is
<div class="ghx-avatar"></div>
and in our main jira, it's
<div class="ghx-avatar"><span class="ghx-avatar-img" style="background-color: #ea632b; " data-tooltip="Assignee: Unassigned">U</span></div>
Since the fresh installed Jira also doesn't show "U", I think the configuration should be from the backup/database, but I couldn't find where it is.
