Suppose in the team I work with the other developer on a project. The assignee is "Unassigned". The estimated time was given. I don't know in this situation how to track time?
Can I record the time then the other guy overwrite it?
If a user has the project permission "log work", then they can log work on the issue. You could have a permission rule that says "assignee can log work", but you'd then have to assign the issue to allow them to log the work. Or you could put in a rule like "role: developer", and any developer in the project could log work.
Check also the permissions around editing worklogs - if you don't grant "edit" to anyone, then no, your colleauges won't be able to change your worklogs
Where can I look at the permissions in JIRA? And who can edit the rules? Scrum master?
One more thing, we are working parallel. If I logged one hour, the other guy logged two hours. What is the hours for the task? Is it 3 hours? Or just take the bigger one, say 2 overwrite 1.
It wouldn't make any sense to "take the bigger". You've both worked on it. Two timelogs, total time 3 hours.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.