How do I insert a left-navigation pane to the Tech Doc pages that are hosted on Atlassian Cloud? What I am looking for is to remove the long ToC in the page that takes up entire space and add a right-navigation pane where I can list the content heading and related pages. Is there a macro that can enable me to organize the space?
Similar to
Hi @radhika.puthiyetath
One way of doing it is using Page layouts - Two column section with right side-bar, and placing your On this page/Related content links in the right side-bar. To add the links you can use anchors/TOC for the headings from the same page or links for navigating to other pages.
Something like this:
You may also want to refer to this page for a floating right column, in case you meant so.
Hope one of it works!
Thanks
Sireesha
Thank you, @Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Is there a way to roll out this change globally, instead of per-page?
I am afraid, we can't do so with anchors, since they are very specific to individual pages and cannot be globalized. If you used TOC instead, it is possible (for On this page section).
The Related Content section again, I am assuming varies with the context of each page and so I am not sure if it can be globalized.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.